Sunday, June 3, 2012

Stairway Photo Collage

Hey everyone! I've been on a much needed vacation and have spent some absolutely wonderful Quality Time with my family and it has been wonderful! The heat and hot weather hasn't been to bad either! :-) 

So I was trying to come up with something to share with you and and realized I never shared the Photo Collage that we did in our Stairway. I know photo collages aren't something new, but I do love them and think they are fun and a great way to get a lot of favorite pictures up on the wall. 

I actually bought 3 sets of different sized frames from Target on "Black Friday" and it took forever for us to get them up but I'm so glad we finally did. 

Here is the stairwell before, just kind of plain. 

Hubby used the cardboard that the frames came in to make a template. This is especially a good idea if you are working with funky angles and extras like the lights and hand rails. 

After the template was all cut out. We laid the frames on the cardboard and traced and marked the sizes and orientation that we wanted the frames to be on the wall. Here we are double checking to make sure we like the layout. (We did use a tip of nail to go through the cardboard to mark on the wall where to put the frames. )

Making progress!

Doesn't it look so much better?!?!  I love it and can't wait to start putting pictures in the frame! 

When we were done hubby said "You are going to make me paint the wall next aren't you?" Well, of course!! 


Featured Here:
cbh - scrapbook freebies search engine

This post maybe linked up to these great parties:




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Aug. 13, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...