Friday, September 7, 2012

Graduation Open House Card Banner & Display

I'm sure you all are almost tired of my posts from the graduation open house. Bear with me, there should only be a few more posts then I'll be able to share the Open House all together and we can move on ;-) So today is just a quick post but I wanted to show you the display for the card basket and gift "table" that we used. 

I don't have a before photo, but my mom has had two old wooden school desks for I don't know how long. I know she had them when we were kids and I'm sure that before she painted them for the Open House they were probably still painted country blue. You know the mauve and blue country combo from the 90's? Yeah, I had it too. 

Well here is one of them all painted in a bright pink, and looks so cute!


If you remember from my last post, the open house was shared with my cousin. He would prefer to not have a pink desk so mom painted his black. ;-)

She had a basket on the desk portion for the cards and the seat was perfect for the gifts. 

A cluster of balloons were tied to the desk to make it pretty and to give people an idea of where to put the cards or gifts.

I made the "CARD'S" banner using ribbon, bright solid card-stock, black card-stock, and chalkboard spray paint. First we painted three sheets of the black card-stock with the black chalkboard spray paint. Then I cut the black card-stock into a triangle shape to a size that I knew we could still write out "CARD'S" and people would still be able to read it. Then I mounted the black triangle pennants onto the bright card-stock leaving about a 1/4" of the card-stock showing. I probably could have made the black a little smaller so more of the color would show, but in person it looked good. I then hot glued the pennants to the ribbon. We took some chalk and spelled out "C-A-R-D-S" and that was that. 

I used the same technique for the black one except the background paper is a graduation patterned paper with graduation caps. This one for sure I wish I would have left more of the background paper showing, because it was just to hard to make out the graduation caps. Of course, no one probably even noticed but of course I do. 



Overall I was really happy with how they turned out and how stinkin' cute are those desks for a Graduation Open House? I just love them!!!

Be sure to stop by the other posts for the Dr. Seuss Theme Open House:





Linking up here:
Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...