Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scrapbook Challenge Throwdown: Day Two

Day Two's Challenge was Color Scheme. Latrice shared this color scheme (found via Pinterest) with us and that's what I went with. I had a couple of different sets of pictures in mind to use for it and I'm happy with the result.



In the process I found out I don't have a lot of different shades of orange. Most of what I have are bright summer tones or "Halloween" orange so good to know orange is not a color I use often. I don't mind orange, and really was quite surprised I didn't have much. Oh well, that's what part of this challenge is about.

I decided I just couldn't part with any of the photos so I made a two page spread. You know how it is as a mom, every little expression is different and no two are the same? Yep, that's me! Every cute face this little guy makes is super special to me!

Quote on the right side of the layout reads: "If you want to be happy, be!" Leo Tolstoy


I loved this "polaroid" look that Latrice had on her example so I wanted to duplicate it on my layout. I think it turned out pretty cute~

I added machine stitching to both sides of the layout. I used a straight stitch and a zig-zag stitch. The stitching on the lower dark blue border piece was purposefully meant to be not straight. The layout was looking to "clean" and I couldn't handle it so I added some curves! 

The flags were hand cut with coordinating paper and word stickers added.  
Title Cut out using Cricut Expression 2 cartridge "Alphabet"

The "B. You" is from a recycled booklet that came with one of the kiddo's toys. It had all kinds of different "B" quotes and sayings. 

I think I did pretty good with the color scheme, what do you think? Be sure and some back for Day 3, the challenge is stitching, I can't wait!!! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...