Thursday, August 11, 2011

Relaxing

So after my little one woke up for her early am feeding this morning, I couldn't get back to sleep. Instead of tossing and turning, I decided to get up and start my day off with a walk with my Molly Jo Dog and no kids! It was wonderful!!! Don't get me wrong I was so exhausted and tired and did not do it for physical exercise, but ended up being great mental exercise. It was so nice to just be and let my mind be free. I chose to listen to the Meredith Andrews Station on my Pandora and it was such a perfect fit to start out my day. The first two songs were perfect: Point of Grace's "You are Good" http://www.myspace.com/pointofgrace/music/songs/you-are-good-29447013 and Meredith Andrews "Treasure"http://www.myspace.com/meredithandrewsband/music/songs/treasure-34001066

 Then I came home did my devotion and what was it about? Relaxing & spending time with God! Both are something, I have definitely needed to do. "Energy and time are precious, limited entities. Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Calling-365-Journaling-Devotional/dp/1404187855
This devotion just hit the spot today and totally encouraged me.

Here are a few pics from my walk this morning. Sorry for the poor quality, I took them with my phone. Next time I'll try to remember my camera so I can really capture the beauty of a "fall" like walk on a day just beginning.

The tiny dots are a flock of ducks flying south. Yep, it's that time of year here.

Beautiful view of the lake showing the sun is rising. It hasn't quite made it over the mountains yet.

Molly started taking off down the hill and I wasn't sure why. I was actually afraid it might have been a moose or bear, then I came around the curve and saw the ducks swimming. Molly is a bird dog and LOVES ducks! I stopped her though, it was a little chilly for a morning swim :-)

Be sure to relax and re-evaluate your time to make sure you are spending it in the things that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...